Monday, July 23, 2012

Trip to Houston: Leaving the Baby

This past weekend, Stuart and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary with a trip to Houston.  We bought concert tickets to one of our favorite bands, arranged for an amazingly sinful meal at a 4.5-star restaraunt, and met up with one of my middle school gal pals to go shopping. However, before all the out-of-town fun, we had to leave Baby Girl with her Grandma and Papa.  Can I tell you how heart wrenching that is? This was the first time that we've left her for an extended length of time.  She'd had a couple of sleepovers with them to get used to staying away from home, but we'd never gone out of town without her before.

We weren't even out of the sub-division before I looked at Stuart and said, "The guilt factor is setting in..."  We put on our brave faces, and kept driving.  Dad was true to his word, and we shortly had a picture of our Little One enjoying her morning snack:


My biggest concern was her naptime.  She's been giving the daycare a tough time about going down for naps.  She even skipped her nap completely once last week and 'read' instead.  This is the picture that Dad took of her napping (without flash) to prove that she was out.  Dad is a little goofy...


Mom got a few new toys for Corgan so that they had some fun things to do over the weekend. One of them was the water table that she is supposed to stand next to and play with.  She insisted on getting in! She would never be satisfied without being in the water.



Dinner time was healthy :) Steamed carrots, bananas, chicken, and potatoes.  Happily my parents got her to enjoy mashed potatoes, so I'm glad to add that into her diet.  Hopefully it will help with her stool. (If you missed those blogs, you're lucky.)


On the second day I got this jewel of a photo titled 'Bed Head After Nap.'  You could also call it 'Stink Eye' or 'Quit Taking So Many Dang Pictures!'


Of course there was tons of reading time...


And she loved it when Gigi and Ogi (my grandparents) came over for dinner.  She loves it when Gigi gives her berzerts!


On the last day, the parents took her down to the park in their neighborhood.  She had a blast! There were swings, and slides, and rocking bugs!





All in all, I don't know who was more tired; Corgan or my parents.  They all had a great time, but I missed her like crazy. Check back in to read my blog this week, and I'll share all about our Houston trip. Stay tuned for Buc-ees' and Barenaked Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment